#7   ^
Old Today, 10:42

Plan: Atkins Induction mostly
Stats: 173/141.5/130 Female 5'6"
BF:24.2
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Mixing truth with the lie is a very old technique. I think what works best for each of us is something we have to figure out.

I did Atkins backwards, but carnivore did wonders, and I could do 20 grams of carbs, easily. But now, still struggling with autoimmune, I'm oxalate clearing with Sally K Norton techniques, and it's awesome.

But this creates problems out in the world, where my "plant based content" is deemed far too low, and I will suffer from lack of fiber. When my system complains if I have salad two days in a row. But this doesn't happen with coconut wraps.

In addition, I still eat lots of fermented fat, which makes a big difference for me. I put cream cheese or sour cream in my smoothies, especially in the winter. I think that might make a difference, because we don't eat cultured butter anymore. I love it, but it's for making veggies taste better, IMO. I'm very sensitive to their bitterness, too. I love sour, but not bitter. And I don't get along with plants, generally.

So your own efforts with Atkins Induction/Keto might be a case of using it for the therapeutic effect. While I do well with lots of protein and fat. But recently, gf bread for satiety, a starch, does work.

Maybe a summer thing. Traditionally, people would have been eating low carb in the winters, before we stored food.

Atkins is definitely therapeutic for me, I hadn't thought of it that way before. I have celiac disease, but it was undiagnosed back in 2003 when I first did Atkins. What a world of difference it was....on Atkins I felt good (especially digestively) for the first time I could remember. I realized a few years afterwards that it was because I wasn't eating any grains, among other things. Celiac is an autoimmune condition, so it's good I finally found out because if you keep eating gluten that will trigger more autoimmune conditions. I was having a lot of joint aches, for example. That goes away without grains.

I don't eat much dairy because I've had problems with dairy since birth, but right now I lean towards small amounts of cream cheese and sour cream, and the approx. 4T per day whipped half and half I put in my cappuccino each morning. I have never drunk milk and of course ice cream is disaster for me. So dairy in general I have a lot of problems with, but small amounts of the above I get away with, no issues at all.

As much as I truly love most vegetables, they generally wreak havoc on my system with bloating and gas, and sometimes more. So I'm always walking a fine line on my vegetable vs. meat input. Most meats don't bother me at all. What a conundrum! So in any case, this version of Atkins really suits me but I do feel that at a later point I have to work back into my diet more vegetables and some limited fruit.