View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Today, 06:06

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Mixing truth with the lie is a very old technique. I think what works best for each of us is something we have to figure out.

I did Atkins backwards, but carnivore did wonders, and I could do 20 grams of carbs, easily. But now, still struggling with autoimmune, I'm oxalate clearing with Sally K Norton techniques, and it's awesome.

But this creates problems out in the world, where my "plant based content" is deemed far too low, and I will suffer from lack of fiber. When my system complains if I have salad two days in a row. But this doesn't happen with coconut wraps.

In addition, I still eat lots of fermented fat, which makes a big difference for me. I put cream cheese or sour cream in my smoothies, especially in the winter. I think that might make a difference, because we don't eat cultured butter anymore. I love it, but it's for making veggies taste better, IMO. I'm very sensitive to their bitterness, too. I love sour, but not bitter. And I don't get along with plants, generally.

So your own efforts with Atkins Induction/Keto might be a case of using it for the therapeutic effect. While I do well with lots of protein and fat. But recently, gf bread for satiety, a starch, does work.

Maybe a summer thing. Traditionally, people would have been eating low carb in the winters, before we stored food.