View Single Post
  #954   ^
Old Yesterday, 18:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Howdy friends,

Checking in quickly from Portland, Maine. We are about to leave port. It has been a good trip- weather has been good. The only rain we had was before we got on the ship, in Quebec City. (BTW, Lori, CA is used for websites and such .ca so you weren't entirely wrong.)

Temps wise it has been in the low to mid 60s so very comfortable as well. Winter jacket not even needed and often down to a tee shirt as the day goes on.

There have been a couple of negatives. While in Quebec or else early on the cruise, Marsha's best friend, a lifelong friend, died. That was obviously sad and upsetting for her. Then, a couple of days ago, Gene went into hospice and he passed yesterday. Obviously it has been a beyond horrible week for her, very upsetting. It has been challenging dealing with this from afar and often without adequate phone/internet/text. DD29 was an absolute rock star, managing the paper work for hospice, taking it over to Marsha for signature. Then visiting marsha the following day and helping her to understand what she does and does not need to be doing from this point forward for a while. My brother is handling conversations with his sons. So, the timing wasn't great as far as my ability but things are all being handled. I'll likely be taking Marsha to Chicago next week for the funeral, but I haven't heard a date or anything as of yet.

DS25 became DS26 today! I can't believe he is going to be a Daddy not too far down the road with a little son of his own. Blows my mind!

DH and I had a great time today in Maine but I am WORN OUT. I sent DH to go do his own thing for a while. There has been a lot of togetherness on this trip, let me tell you! He loves it, he is always happy being together. I love him but I need some space! I will be glad in some ways to get home just to have some SPACE!

Lori how long til your cruise? I know it is coming up pretty darn soon.

Jaz I'm really sorry that this job is proving so stressful for you. Big hugs and to your kiddos too, especially your DD and her family.

Trig sounds like a new roof (paid for!) is in the works for you. Glad DD is doing fine. Glad your brother is doing fine also.