View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-24, 17:40

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

What the heck is happening to Paris? First the Olympics, and now their own employees aren't going to have ready access to meat a couple days a week?

I googled Broccoli gratin because I knew that meant it had cheese , so I was trying to find some recipes for it to see just how much protein those meals would provide.

This description accompanies one of the recipes:

Quote:
This broccoli au gratin is a bit like mac and cheese, with broccoli subbed in for the macaroni. Each bite has tender broccoli in a creamy, cheesy sauce with crunchy breadcrumbs, and it's hearty enough to be a vegetarian main dish or served as a side to your favorite protein.

The recipe itself has 1-1/2 lbs broccoli, 8 oz of cheddar, and 2 Tbsp of parmesan.

It makes 6 servings with a whopping 17 g protein per serving, which as it turns out is a fairly high amount of protein for broccoli gratin - but it would appear that less than 10 g of that protein is coming from the cheese.

As it turns out, that's a fairly high protein Broccoli gratin recipe though.

Another one has 2 lbs of broccoli (8 cups), with only 4 oz of cheese, although this recipe does have 1-1/2 cups milk.

This one also makes 6 servings, with only 11 g protein per serving, with less than 6 g animal protein

Yet another recipe only has 9 g protein per serving - about 4 g animal protein

The next recipe has even less protein: 6 g per serving. (about 3 grams animal protein/serving)

I'm sure the gardeners and road crews will feel like they're being starved to death on that - probably won't have the energy or stamina to work nearly as efficiently as normal.

And that's just the broccoli gratin - doesn't sound like the other meals they're offering have any animal protein at all.