View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-24, 15:18

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

As long time members here, we know weight is a difficult journey. 100 people can gave 100 different experiences with weight management.

This showed up on YT. Stunning $$$$$

https://youtu.be/nE4hpEKK8ew?si=zEybzLJqMthMYmq2

I learned by reading DANDR nearly cover to cover that the food was key. And for the first time in 20 years of overweight weight, I lost weight. Not a miracle but a real strategy based on prioritizing meats and very low carb veg and a few berries.

I always struggle cause the outside world pushes into my private world. And only now, can I say no and to hell with what that person thinks.

The grand children can get their vegan dishes so I'm having my steak. No one cared that my health was based on my allowed foods, but nieces could eat their veggies and some fish which is slow starvation.

When I'm in Ketosis, stringing 3 days of very low carbs, I'm sufficiently into Ketosis to keep going. Eating less, dropping to OMAD, IF, 36 h fasts.

Like I was taking a $1000 drug.

Food bill decreases. No bread, crackers, snacks, sweets. A bag of wild blueberries for $13. Beef and meats. Eggs. Some veggies.

But veggies are about as expensive as meat. Ground beef is $5/# , $ 4.50 -5.50......veggies on the whole don't have the nutrients of beef.

In my world of feeding livestock, the cost per pound of protein is the first consideration.

When I had limited funds, my kids picked out foods to put in cart. Then removed foods based on nutrition. Leaving meats and some veggies and, yogurts.

Others report a smaller food bill, too.

The doctors supporting keto is growing fast. The doctors that hold fast to conventional disease/drug solution need to change their model. But the doctors are held hostage to a system that doesn't allow healthy patients, cause that patient isn't a patient. No money to be made off a healthy person.

I'm super frustrated. No primaries taking on patients. So no basic care. No annual physical. What the he'll is our insurance paying for???