View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-24, 18:48

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

It's about time they're starting to work together to figure out the real reasons why people gain weight!

My guess is that it's a combination of too many calories and too many carbs - but that it's the too many carbs driving the hunger for too many calories.

If they ever get the funding to study this the way they want (5-20 YEARS), I expect they'll eventually realize exactly what we've seen on here: that different people have different carb tolerances for when the undeniable hunger kicks in driving the desire for more and more carbs.

For one person it might be 20 carbs/day, another person it might be 150 carbs/day, while some may really be able to eat the recommended 300 carbs/day without it spiking ravenous hunger. I suspect they'll find very few are able to eat that way for decades without metabolic problems though - and those few only because they have such fast metabolisms that they can burn through all the excess blood sugar before their blood sugar drops enough to make them hungry again.