#9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-24, 09:56

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
If you have a medical reason, verified by a doctor, you should be exempt from the tax.

But if you just eat too much, and/or eat the wrong foods, you should pay more for health care than those who are disciplined.

But the gov't should not be able to tax specific foods because they are fattening. Why? If the sugar lobby gives a candidate for office a million dollars in campaign funds (tacit bribe), what are the chances of a sugar tax? And what would be the chances of a fat tax? After all, sugar and fat equal flavor.

Since being obese makes your health care cost more, shouldn't the obese by choice pay more?

Obese people are not obese because they want to be.

Correct and beneficial information from doctors is virtually non-existent. It's still eat from the pyramid material.

I had to see a dietitian because I had gestational diabetes. Recommended three meals, three snacks. Apples, bananas, graham crackers.

Fortunately, I had read DANDR, so tossed all the handouts in the trash when I got home. And followed DANDR.

However, even Dr A did not recommend a weight loss level. I gained eating good quality foods. Because I was put on insulin!! During last month, I lost 10#. We now know a ketogenic diet is safe.

Without reading DANDR, I would not know about a proper diet. Unfortunately, the insulin made the situation worse. ( Insulin levels managed by an Endo during second pregnancy. All about more insulin, not about food.)

When I went back years later,it was same woman same talk. She had learned nothing new. And certainly my own primaries have been poor at best. From not recognizing a stroke to no support when Hba1c hit 6.1......

Even my mother doesn't believe the nutritional info J share with her. It must be doctor approved.

Ive had 4 years more nutrition at university than any doctor. Doctors dont learn nutrition here in the US.

How are people to learn another way when doctors poopoo a ketogenic diet?

Pediatricians post a plate, With a glass of milk. I taught my kids better nutrition than that. But we are surrounded with crap. I ate at a good restaurant the other day, and felt off soon after eating there. What was in the sauce, a butter sauce? How much sugar was in the salad dressing??

Who is protecting the public from poor quality food? Ive been to that restaurant before, but I will not go back. The place is popular and packed. Eating at home, I know every ingredient.

Should I be taxed for being fat?? But what if I eat low carb and dont have any health issues??

( I have an ex-friend that looks like jabba the hut. And his wife. And two adult kids. He gets free health care. And uses hospital services for complications of his obesity. No matter how many YT videos put out by Dr Berry and Dr Cywes I sent him , he did not change. I stopped contact with him. A lost cause. The medical professional needs an overhaul on nutrition. That is a big factor. No doctor told him to change his food.)

Dr Ken Berry has speared headed the American Diabetes Society to combat the deleterious info put out by the ADA.

The US doesn't have universal health care, at this time. Getting obesity and its associated metabolic diseases under control would save billions$$.