#5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-24, 08:41

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

The teens switched to raping, per my teen
Quote:
Just thinking out loud here: If you want the people to be thinner, put a tax on health care for obese people. The fatter you are, the higher your copay is. After, all, fat people cost the health care system more, and for most of us, being fat is preventable.

Why should a metabolic disease be taxed??

Yes, I agree diet is the driving force but to belittle the people who are obese and have been given no effective remedy is degrading.

Perhaps we need more change at the medical advice level.

Overall, I would like to see aisles of snacks disappear. I love Diritos and indulge in a big back every 4-5 years. But I look I to carts at register and see poor choices, items that qualify as either meat or vegetable. Lots of breads and processed foods.

Another aspect is that the medical doctors specifically pediatricians, were to pressure moms into feeding low fat milk to stop the childhood obesity. How do I know?? Constant pressure from a pediatrician and staff. IMHO 2% v.5% is not a big dietary change when kids are regularly fed chips and pop tarts. I also knew a growing brain needs that fat. What we know now is that milk fat mitigates some of the blood glucose surge.

Also, vitD3 is added to fluid milk. No other dairy. My pediatrician want my kids to take vitD in pill form but never tested. Son developed bone issues that when told to give more calcium 🙄, I addressed all the nutrients required to build bone via using Mr Google.

Our medical system needs major improvement.