View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-24, 13:48

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I had clicked on the link yesterday and read enough to find out it was a 400-800 calorie diet and was in absolute shock that they would intentionally put someone on that strict of a diet.

At least it was less than 3 months.

Quote:
if you're going to do 12 weeks of Kimkins, make sure you're being monitored by medical staff. And you might want to look into some nice hats, head scarves and head bands for when your hair falls out a month later

That was one of the first things I thought of too, that it's just medically supervised kimkins and yes their hair will likely start falling out within a couple weeks of "finishing" the diet.

And this:
Quote:
Extreme starvation (400 calories per day) is a sure fire way to lose weight. It is also a sure fire way to regain it, after the period of starvation is over. We all know that there is a better way to both lose weight and then maintain that loss.

Why did they even feel the need to conduct this study?

I certainly hope that they followed up on these poor stooges after the study was completed so they would see that this is NOT the way to lose weight. I mean unless their goal was to destroy half their muscle, including heart muscle.