View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-24, 16:00

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Agreed, it's not easy to stick to any one diet.

And with all the different ones out there, it's not easy to find the one that works.

But they are in general groups. So if two low-fat diets aren't working, don't try another. If a couple of fruit based diets don't work, why try a third?

On the other hand, if you get some results from one, another in the same class might work better.

Plus there is so much temptation with your friends, advertisements, relatives, and others saying, “Try this, it's soooooooo delicious.”

I still look at chocolate cake, key lime pie, blue corn chips, pancakes, potatoes fried in bacon fat, macaroni, sugary soft drinks, hot Italian bread, cinnamon buns, and lots of other foods, and think to myself, “I miss that”, but I remind myself I'm eating to live.

I think what helped me was that both my parents died too early, due to obesity related diseases, and I saw that as one possible future for me.

That's when I decided instead of living to eat, I need to eat to live. I buy good quality food, even if it means giving up something else in life. 100% grass fed and grass finished beef, wild caught fish, organic veggies, and things I believe are good for me. I avoid seed oils, sugars, simple starches and things I believe are bad for me.

I tried a half dozen different diets, and when Atkins gave me some gains, I started refining that. I looked into ketogenic diets, found my limits, and it's still working. I admit, there was some luck involved, if my uncle didn't go Atkins, I might not have tried it so soon.

Back on topic.

I just read another negative about ozempic. Scores of plastic surgeons have noticed that it ages your skin prematurely.

Again, drugs are not the best answer. Especially with something fairly new that hasn't been used long-term by millions of people, the side effects might be worse than the weight.

I like life. I'm happy, I love my wife, I love my job so much I am not planning on retiring and this life is a sure bet. I know priests, shamans, rabbis, and quite a few others promise us a happy-hunting ground when we leave. And I try to live my life so that if what they tell me is true, I'll go to the good place. But this life is the proverbial bird in the hand, so I want it to last as long as possible, and I want to be in good health as long as possible.

So my advice (for what that's worth) is this:

Don't live to eat. Instead, eat to live.

Don't give up. Group the choices according to their similarities, find the group that worse for you, then trim it down to the one that works better, and good luck finding it sooner rather than later. Eat to live.