#12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-24, 13:30

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
. . . In other words not only are we all different in our needs but those needs can change over time. Our bodies are not static entities but changeable
I think the myth about fat making you fat was based on the simplistic assumption that if you ate fat it would then be stored as fat in your body, which completely ignored the process of digestion, what the body actually did with the fat. However, fat, even if it is a myth that it makes you fat in this simplistic way, can obviously effect a person’s appetite and perhaps the degree to which it effects appetite varies from person to person also, and maybe also changes over time. I tried Marty Kendall's approach in relation to fat and it did not work for me. I do better when I keep my carbs lower and my fat higher than his system recommends.

For me the relationship between health and diet has been a moving target and I have had to adjust over time to my body’s changing needs. I guess we all have to figure it out for ourselves, using the best advice out there to help us.

Jean - this statement should be a sticky, as it is one of the most important things we need to understand as we adapt our eating to support good health. Yes, we are different in unexpected ways where when some of us try to adopt methods that work very well for others, they don’t work for us. It’s the self experimenting and willingness to try things that are an important aspect of being able to evolve as we age to get it right. Protein and healthy fats work well for me and many others who are beyond our sixties. Fiber? Not a focus of mine, but I do limit my consumption of it with zero negative effects.