Thread: Incretin effect
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-24, 04:39

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I was asking because you are in a "healthy BMi" range but on the light side for a man. Thought you might be an endurance athlete who wanted to also add some muscle?
I do not watch my carb and fat intake closely except when doing short challenge courses, and I do think it would be individual.
Dr Naiman leans to Protein and Fat for the first meal, and Protein and Carbs for second (vegetables, starchy tubers, his PP ice cream, popcorn after dinner, etc.) I will occasionally have a baked potato with steak that's 60g carbs..nutritious and satiating. Balanced with other foods..it doesn’t impact my goals.

Btw, at 52, Ted is 5 ‘ 10” 165 pounds, "ideal" according to the body weight formula he uses…but these formulas are only guidelines, also used to estimate protein grams. https://tednaiman.com/
As if the Diet Wars don’t have enough differences to argue about, Dr Edes adding three totally new versions of diets muddied the water further. I support her work on nutrition for psychiatric disorders, those parts of her book were interesting, but the 3 new diets described were disorganized with bullet point lists, charts, do this/avoid that/with exceptions. I don’t eat paleo, keto or carnivore anymore, so no need of quiet versions.