View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-24, 02:55

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
The weight-loss jabs have apparently helped people kick habits from smoking to shopping, although scientists remain wary about recommending it as an addiction treatment

Obviously targeting some kind of "learning center" and perhaps if they studied why carbs create addiction we'd all know more.

I can tell you that alcoholism has been studied as a B vitamin deficiency (they are all vital, but B12 the most) with some success, likewise it is connected to what might be called "sugar reward" in the brain. This is all stuff which fits in with people suffering from malnutrition, and responding by cramming in more high carb/low nutrient food, which wreaks havoc and makes things worse.

Another thing that fits into the malnutrition angle is how so many people on Carnivore (two main reasons, difficulty with weight loss and/or autoimmune issues) and they are reporting that their alcohol, tobacco, even compulsive thoughts, diminish and fade away.

Also, my therapeutic niacin regimen, while I researched it, turned up a few stories of people who found that niacin did similar work for them. Likewise, I find the mental stability from the lack of anxiety keeping me on my regimen, for years now.

And believe me when I say there's a been a few anxious years lately, for everyone so the fact I'm actually getting better now is also about my niacin.

All of these mental notes are much more worth following up. But our drug research now isn't about helping people. It's about something a company can patent and sell. That's all they are looking for.

That's why it's a big mystery. No one is chasing easy & cheap & tapping into the body's real power. When that's what we need.