View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-24, 07:34

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Before the Games began, it was announced that 60 per cent of food options in the athlete’s village would be “plant-based”

So they intentionally planned that only 40% of the food available would have any animal protein at all.

Quote:
Michael Clarke, a former Australian cricket player, also claimed he had spoken to a boxer in the squad who was told he could only have a limited amount of meat.

He said: “I joked last night about the amount of vegan options in the village that they’re running out of meat. Well, an Australian heavyweight boxer has come out, he wanted lamb chops, maximum two chops person,” he said.

“The guy’s six foot six, he’d be 100 (kg) at the best. Two chops.”

I haven't had lamb chops in ages, but I recall them being very tiny, so I googled - They apparently have about 2-3 oz of actual meat per chop. So this 6'6" guy who is at least 200 lbs of muscle was only allowed 2 tiny pieces of meat.

This is really mind boggling - It sounds like whoever was planning the food services didn't even bother to consult with their own Olympic trainers to determine what their own athletes needed to perform at their best, much less consider what athletes from around the world would need to sustain their abilities.

Sounds like they just went in with the idea that there would simply be little choice available - WE believe everyone should be eating quinoa and lentils, so WE decided that even the athletes will need to adjust their diets to our delicate sensibilities, because we're simply not going to provide anywhere near as much as they're used to in the way of animal proteins.

How is it not even written in whatever agreements/directives these committees need to adhere to that they aren't required to provide the proper type and amount of nutrition to the athletes?

So now they've walked it back - oh yes, we have tons of meat and eggs now, days into the event, claiming that "food is important" while still promoting their quinoa and lentils.

I have to wonder how many tons of quinoa and lentils will be left over after the closing ceremonies, because SO FEW WANTED THEM, whether athletes or spectators.