View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-24, 10:26

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

We've talked repeatedly about how the health problems that weight loss corrects just happen to be the same ones that semaglutide drugs correct.

Well this one actually tells me that it's not even a matter of correcting the problem with weight loss since these drugs apparently slow the progression of Alzhemier's too. Very often those who are not seriously overweight (much less morbidly obese) get alzhemiers. And then alzheimer's patients end up losing a lot of weight as the disease progresses.

There's long been speculation that it's blood sugar issues (at least in part) that causes alzheimers.

My mother had alzheimer's and she was definitely a sugar-holic. She always had normal blood sugars though - if it's related sugar/carb consumption and blood sugars, surely it also has to do with insulin levels.

Mom never gorged on sweets - her eating was always very controlled, but she always hated the taste and texture of "grease" so she ate very, very little fat. By the early 1990's she was thoroughly convinced by the Powers That Be that she needed to eat as little fat as possible, and stick to very small servings of protein. (It should be noted that she rarely ate any dairy products - lifelong stomach upset from dairy products, so she was missing protein from dairy sources too, while drinking juices, which provided even more sugar)

When her energy would get low during the day, she'd say she needed some sugar. Sometimes that meant a piece of hard candy or a piece of chocolate, but it was just as likely she'd have a handful of grapes or a piece of fruit. She always had a cake in the house (for many years she was making what she called "breakfast cake", which had oats along with the white flour, and lot of dried fruit mixed in with lots of sugar - sort of a cross between zucchini bread or banana bread and fruit cake)

She almost always ate bread with meals - approx 30-50 carbs worth of bread at every meal, often with a thin smear of jelly on a roll. As her alzheimers advanced, she ate more and more carbs - her caregivers said she started globbing about an inch of jelly on her roll at mealtime, which would have been easily 10 times as much as she used when I was a kid.

My point in all this is that it's not the overweight that's the problem in all these diseases that the semaglutide type drugs are "fixing" - the weight is only a symptom.

The real problem is the high carb diet that THEY want every man, woman, and child to eat.

Cut the carbs and you lose significant amounts of weight, get your blood sugar on a much more even keel, and correct a plethora of health conditions.