Old Sun, Jul-28-24, 05:59
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:

Eating too much protein could cause dehydration and nutrient imbalances
, she says. She recommends a minimum of 54 grams of protein for an 150-pound adult. That much protein would correspond to about two eggs, one cup of Greek yogurt and a serving of salmon, she says
You know, it really starts to feel to me that traditionally-trained-and-practicing dieticians want it both ways: they want us to smarten up , pay attention, educate ourselves... but they also think we're too stupid to do so. "Nutrient imbalance?" LOL. "Dehydration?" LOL. What ridiculous amount of protein - and little else - would you have to eat without stopping before you vomit, that results in dehydration? It strikes me as a straw man argument for her to present that type of situation. It just doesn't generally happen IRL, perhaps except for a very rare few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
I'm convinced that nutritionists never even bother look at the full vitamin/mineral content of anything, just go by the macros and the very few nutrients on the nutrition facts labels, so the "nutrient imbalance" is obviously that if you get more than 54 g of protein, then you're not going to have the stomach capacity for almost 6 times as many carbs as g of protein.

Amen - especially considering that half the crap food they want us to consume, it's fortified artificially, anyway. Thanks, but I'll pass on the cereal and bread, and just take whatever vitamin/mineral supplements that I see fit. What's the difference between them adding the vitamins, and me choosing my own?