Old Sat, Jul-27-24, 11:16

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

[QUOTE=Ms Arielle]
Quote:

Eating too much protein could cause dehydration and nutrient imbalances
, she says. She recommends a minimum of 54 grams of protein for an 150-pound adult. That much protein would correspond to about two eggs, one cup of Greek yogurt and a serving of salmon, she says [quote)

Where is the evidence for that?

It's just a scare tactic.I've never heard Dr Westmann speak about dehydration.

Her recommendation for amount of daily animal based protein is low.

I'm convinced that nutritionists never even bother look at the full vitamin/mineral content of anything, just go by the macros and the very few nutrients on the nutrition facts labels, so the "nutrient imbalance" is obviously that if you get more than 54 g of protein, then you're not going to have the stomach capacity for almost 6 times as many carbs as g of protein.

And then you have the "problem" that most proteins come with fats, which really throws off their "nutrient" balance.

As far as dehydration, the reason we lose so much water weight when we first start on LC is that carbs cause you to retain fluid. Cut down on the carbs and eat more protein - you lose a lot of that excess fluid. They are apparently using some kind of twisted logic to make it sound like losing your excess fluid can result in a state of dehydration.

Will you drop some water weight? Yes, but I hardly think you're going to actually become dehydrated, certainly not to a dangerous extent, unless you intentionally deny yourself fluids when you're thirsty.

Such nonsense...

Anything to keep people eating carbs, carbs, carbs!