View Single Post
  #395   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-24, 03:38

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

For the past few months, I have been placing podcasts with Dr Ted Naiman in Hava thread or my journal. This new one covers so many interesting aspects of diet, exercise and Insulin Resistance, adding it here.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...i=1000663174002
Quote:
In today’s conversation,[with Cynthia Thurlow] we get into the most effective strategies for addressing insulin resistance, exploring the U-shaped curve associated with fasting and the potential issues of excessive fasting. We dive into macros, carb restriction, cravings, hedonic eating, weight training, and Zone 2 training, looking at eccentric and isometric training and the negatives of strength training. We explain why calories are of no concern, the difference between animal and plant-based protein, and discuss sarcopenic obesity. Dr. Naiman also shares his take on GLP-1 agonists as a therapeutic approach for weight loss and satiety and answers a series of rapid-fire questions about seed oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, and anti-nutrients,
I am sure you appreciate and enjoy this conversation!

IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
• Effective ways to address early insulin resistance through exercise
• Why you need to increase the weight or resistance gradually when doing strength training
• The best way to approach resistance and cardio training
• The benefits and risks of fasting
• Carbohydrate sources for optimal health and satiety
• Dr. Naiman shares strategies for dealing with junk food cravings
• Why is protein essential for optimum health?
• Are seed oils a problem?
• Dr. Naiman shares his views on artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup for weight loss
• The best approach to exercise for obese middle-aged females
• The benefits of GLP-1 agonists for type 2 diabetes and their potential side-effects
• Why diet and exercise are essential when using GLP-1 injectables for weight loss

Important info on the negatives of fasting, and going too low in carbs which eliminates healthy, nutrient dense whole foods ( minute 20), and so much more. He gives tips how to reduce muscle loss when on GLP-1 drugs, basically high protein diet and exercise.
Marty Kendall adds the worry about health and micronutrients. Everyone eats to Satiety. If Satiety when obese was eating an entire family sized pizza, and now after completing treatment, Satiety is 1/4 of a family sized pizza, how will you survive LT with fewer nutrients? Why the diet and exercise changes Dr Naiman discusses are so critical.