#3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-24, 17:10

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

After I posted that, I remembered this part:

Quote:
Processing level was determined by Nova categorizations assigned by external graders.

Reminds me a lot of the Guiding Stars healthy food rating system they implemented for foods at the grocery store where I worked.

https://guidingstars.com/

They rated each food as good (one star), better (two stars) or best (3 stars). If it wasn't low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low in added sugars, and high in fiber, it received no stars at all.

They also considered what percentage it had of the few micronutrients that are listed on the label (Vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium are the only micronutrients required to be on the food label)

That meant a lot of meats and dairy (minimally processed) received zero stars and were automatically considered to be unhealthy due to the saturated fat content.

On the other hand, those UPF toddler tubes of highly processed sweet fruit smoothie with a tiny bit of vegetable in them would get 3 stars, as would the toddler fruit and grain bars - because they had fiber, and no sugar added to them (even though some of them had fruit juice concentrates, but that's not considered to be added sugar)