View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-24, 07:12

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
It boggles the mind sometimes the complete disconnect so many people have with the actual source of their food and what's required to produce it from the agricultural level.

I live in an area that houses fill the pastures once used by cattle, either beef or dairy. Over 30 years, only one big farm left.

My kids were outliers as I had sheep and horses and dogs long before kids.

In preschool, a teacher asked me if we had 4 dogs......maybe her concern was they were rotties. ( When I visited a friend she moved her terriers to the master bedroom or outside. Nasty creatures. She had 6-8.) Kids don't grow up with dogs like they used to.

Visting kids found horses and sheep a novelty.

I'm suspecting we are being played. Most people have no contact with farm animals, so know nothing.

We are using sheep to regenerate the forest. The deer come to eat my browse and grasses that their forest no longer has. Annoying to have fruit trees destroyed by hungry deer when they have a reserve put aside for them. Forests need to be manged for most production. Even the native Americans altered the forests for maximum production of native trees, bushes, grasses and wildlife.

I'm beginning to think harvesting a few deer a year is less costly that raising sheep!

Cheese. Many people are dairy intolerant. Most adults have trouble digesting dairy. Only a few cultures have used dairy for many many centuries and have adapted to digesting it well.

Most people would benefit from eating meat over dairy.

Anyway, dairy requires graze. Whether as grass or hay.