#2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-24, 23:40

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/152/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I tried to find the thread which let me preorder the book, without any success ...
Was it this one?

Dark Calories: How Vegetable Oils Stole Our Health

From Dr Cate's latest newsletter:
Quote:
The entire diet and nutrition conversation is about to change.

Dark Calories: How Vegetable Oils Destroy Our Health and How We Can Get it Back is finally here!

Unless you're intentionally avoiding them, roughly 80 percent of your fat calories come from of a collection of eight factory oils. They deplete your body's antioxidants, reformulate your body fat, and deprive your body of energy, strength, and resistance to disease.

Until now, health experts have turned a blind eye to the destructive effects of vegetable oils, what I call the Hateful Eight. (Corn, Canola, Cottonseed, Soy, Sunflower, Safflower, Grapeseed, Ricebran)

Why?

The "best" minds in medicine are taught that these industrial oils prevent heart attacks. But what if they actually cause heart attacks?

Dark Calories tells the story of the biggest scandal ever perpetrated on the American public by a Medical organization. I guarantee this has affected your life in a negative way.

How?

By changing what your doctor learns about diet. Whether or not you look to your doctor for dietary advice, this influences what you eat, everything from what's on the grocery store shelves to what you're going to make for dinner tonight.

If you want to get healthy, if you want more energy, if you want freedom from medication, you need to get away from processed foods. But to do that you have to know what processed foods are.

My book The FATBURN Fix rewrote the science of metabolism.

Dark Calories is the first book to define exactly what processed food is and how to get away from it to save your life.