View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-24, 03:31

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

My craving for sweet is handled with actual fruit. I make Nakey Whey smoothies with added fruit and lemon or lime juice. I use crushed pork rinds as my baking mix, sour cream and eggs to hold it together, and I get plenty of sweet with berries, apples, and other natural sources.

I tried, but can't do black coffee. It's just too bitter, even with a bit of salt added (pro tip.) I now sweeten my coffee with heavy cream. Or, I add a little fruit to my French press, like raspberries with caramel flavored decaf. I get natural flavor, vitamin C, and at at least a truly natural form of "sweet."

Ironically, I get along better with carby fruit than I do with vegetables, in terms of easy digestion and the difference in macros. There are days when I go over 20 grams of carbs, but it doesn't seem to matter, as it's not something that increased, or even happens every day. But when it does, it doesn't feel the same way it used to. It's satisfying, I guess, since it's FOOD and it has a matrix?

For the first time in my life, I have issues with UNDERweight. Because of cortisol issues which affect my appetite. Trying to find the sweet spot because if I go pure carnivore, I get underweight and people hug me and then lecture me

I know, I know maybe it's a Healing Body Problem... but it's something I also never expected. It's possible there are times my liver appreciates NOT making sugar from protein. Maybe it needs it for healing? Still a work in progress, and if my cortisol ever gets properly worked out, I might have new problems.