#9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-09-24, 10:01

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
To those tempted to post how they don't use sweeteners, good on ya! But that's not really what I'm asking about.

I've stopped using aspartame, Splenda, erythritol, and now xylitol. Bad health studies associated with all of them. Allulose might be a migraine trigger for me. Any of the -ol ending sweeteners, I avoid due to the fact they're crap.
That leaves stevia and monk fruit for now. Anyone have any recommendations?

Stevia is good for a lot of stuff, but tastes awful in some things. I just ordered a monk fruit extract, so not sure how that will work out. I realized my migraines were more frequent (suddenly so) right about when I started using allulose. They went from 1 every year or two to almost 1 every month. I've stopped the allulose and the frequency has subsided somewhat. Other things might be contributing as well.

Good timing, Nancy. I just posted about tests on xylitol in another thread, but a couple months ago, decided to try allulose due to it being the current darling of sweeteners supposedly having many health properties. This is unusual for me in that I hardly ever use sweeteners, and on the rare occasion up to now, use only pure liquid stevia which doesn't cause issues.

To your observation about migraines: I stopped using aspartame a long time ago due to it causing me to have ocular migraines every time I consumed it. When I tried pure, granulated allulose recently, I experienced the same type of migraine after using it a second time. When I stop allulose, the migraines stop. Thanks for your feedback on this, as I was wondering whether anyone else experienced this reaction from allulose. Good information.