View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-09-24, 05:54
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

- I'm one of those water-haters and I drink an ungodly amount of diet sodas and Mio-type enhancers. That's mostly aspartame, acesulfame-K, and some of the enhancers are stevia. I don't like the weird mouth feel and aftertaste of the stevia ones, so I usually cut it with half Diet 7Up. I still buy them because they're a cheaper store brand.

- For packets, I have yellow ones and blue ones. (sucralose and aspartame/ace-K.) I also have a bag of brown sugar Sugar Twin for baking, which is cyclamate. I have no idea what I bought it for, but it's open and I used some. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker, and pretty much just use the packets for yogurt and other protein mush, the rare hot drink, the rare iced coffee or tea, and savoury recipes like a curry or my pizza sauce that needs a bit of a sweet kick to taste right.

- The pandemic cured me of my half-pack-a-day Excel gum habit, so I don't think there's any xylitol in anything I buy anymore.

- Maltitol and other "candy bar" sugar alcohols always gave me horrible gas and bloating, so I quit those a long time ago. Erythritol was supposedly better, but prohibitively expensive for me and I hate baking. I'm too lazy.

- I wanted to try allulose for Maria Emmeritch's protein bread, but likewise too expensive. It's not approved in Canada.