View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-24, 04:41

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I have already read Dr. Ede's own story (and followed her on Twitter back when it was fun) and she improved her own mental health by focusing on animal foods, and allowing few plants.

But this was part of what convinced me to try, and stick with, carnivore, which turned my health around. I spent 2019 healing from a huge autoimmune flare and losing an unexpected 25 additional pounds. Which also helped me with fatigue, sleep problems, and stress handling. By the end of 2019 I felt I was really at some kind of peak. Which was good, because we have all been severely tested, since.

I was nervous, actually, and I've always loved meat dishes, it wasn't that. It simply seemed a radical leap. But it is the best elimination diet, and that was how I thought of it. It turned into something with a lot of advantages. But the story of my healing is realizing I should give up a certain food, and then I do I swear, taste buds shift and now my treat is blue cheese on my burger.

Still, applying food to our mental state is very new to most people. Who still see a lot of mental illness as something you can take a pill for and why aren't you? And we are back at Magical Pill Thinking, which is true for only a select group of prescription drugs.

But there is no question in my mind that my anxiety receded when I began Atkins, and while I have been dealing with highly anxiety-inducing things, I am managing. I don't think I would have been able to. My past self was all hormone storms and blood sugar swings. It would have been messier and there were times I worry I wouldn't have had the margin.

At this point, avoiding any kind of health breakdown, in me or my partner, really is a win. This is what I am sharing with my friends, most younger than me. I really would like to be the raft guide that gets them through the rapids