Old Mon, Feb-19-24, 15:31

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdc01
GRB5111 -

I agree totally about Body by Science. McGuff and Little are disciplines of Arthur Jones. McGuff has You Tube videos of his workouts using some of Jones' vintage Nautilus equipment.
There are lots of parallels between Atkins and Jones being revelutionaries in their fields.

Good comparison, KDC. I’m flabbergasted that more don’t know about Body By Science. Who wouldn’t want to increase strength, increase muscle, and improve metabolic function in around 15-20 minutes a week? It’s a very safe routine for any age and definitely provides a very intense and effective workout. In addition, anyone at any fitness level can start slowly and realize benefits in a couple weeks. It’s not magic, and it can be done at home or in the gym. Another one who uses a similar approach is Dr. Wayne Westcott out of Quincy, MA. Here he is discussing the importance of resistance training, age, and the combination with protein to achieve muscle, bone, and metabolic health:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ITXco...ndex=10&pp=iAQB

This can be done effectively at any age. I see so many fitness “gurus” recommending multiple sets of various exercises multiple times a week. Who has time for that and wants to put up with the risk of injury that inevitably comes with chronic workouts? The benefits of this slow, one set approach are indisputable. At one workout per week, there is ample time for recovery to achieve muscle health preventing sarcopenia that comes from getting older and being sedentary.