#8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 15:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Welcome!

Hi Chloe Mae

Just wanted to reassure that what you're feeling physically is not unusual. You are, after all, switching your entire metabolism to a new system! I'm starting my 5th week of low-carbing & still get quite tired at night. I'm rarin' to go during the day though!

Regarding supplements, Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution has quite a bit of info on supplements. He recommends extra potassium if you're experiencing leg cramps and/or hypertension. I'm not sure that would help your fatigue. This quote from the Atkins website might help explain some of your symptoms:

Quote:
But the real reason you'll need vitanutrients is because of the way you've likely been eating for years, or because of the low-fat diet that you may be following even as you read this. If you have been on a low-fat diet, your need for supplementation may be profound. You will have to play catch-up to make up for possible deficiencies of essential fatty acids, vitamin B12 and the fat-soluble vitamins A, D and E. Several minerals are also in short supply on virtually all low-fat diets. If you've been bingeing on junk food full of sugar and bleached flour, then you've been consuming anti-nutrients, and your nutritional needs are even greater. When you eat such foods you're doing more than just depriving yourself of sufficient supplies of important vitamins and minerals. Metabolizing those empty, refined foods uses up what little stores of nutrients remain.

It looks like you're doing great... keep it up!!