#11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 14:43
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Hey Lisa,

It's probably too early for me to comment. I'm only in week 6, but I'll tell you what I've figured out, anyway.

I just entered all my Fitday stats on a regular calendar: weight, carbs, calories and when new foods were introduced. Here's what conclusions I've come to:

1. Yogurt doensn't hurt me as long as I have it in the morning, and not at night. But I still try to limit it to max 2 or 3 x per week. Ditto berries. Every day and I slow.

2. I lose best when I stick to Induction level carbs, preferably no more than 18 or so, and calories about 10-12x my GOAL weight, not current weight. I occasionally go up higher but as long as it's only for a day or two it doesn't seem to hurt me. Carbs creeping up closer to 25 or 30 slows my weight loss a lot more than calorie creep.

3. Introducing too many new foods at once stalled me a bit I think. I added yogurt, berries, nuts and PB cups right about the same time and really stalled the week I did so. (Though it could also have been the notorious 3rd week stall).

4. Overdoing dairy of any kind slows me: cream, yogurt or cheese.

Not counting Induction losses which are atypical -- the week that I lost the most (4.5 lbs) my carb levels were averaging around 17 net with calories not going over 18/1900 at the very most. Usually around 16/1700.

The week I lost the least (.5 lb) was the one where I was eating a lot of yogurt, cheese, cream and also added berries and PB cups two times per week.

I plan to keep making notes on my big calendar. Helps me see the big picture. I compare weight losses from week to week and try to see what I did differently on those weeks I lost really well and those weeks my loss slowed.

It may be too early for me to make any serious determinations, but those are my results, for what they're worth. Also I haven't really noticed a need for more carbs on the days I work out. Granted my workouts maybe aren't as intense yet as some people's but I find Induction carb levels seem to provide enough fuel. I try to eat shortly after my workout.

K.