View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 13:49
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

If you're only eating once a day, that could very well be the cause of your cravings. Eating frequently is important.

Do you have a caregiver that cooks for you? If so, would it be possible to ask them to do a few things in advance, so you have easily accessible food? Cooking a chicken or chicken pieces is great. Ditto turkey or ham.

Also if it possible to chop you up some veggies for salad in advance. If not, you can buy the bags of pre-washed, pre-chopped lettuce or spinach, as well as already cut and cleaned celery, cauliflower, etc.

Red peppers help with my sweet cravings. If you're past Induction, you could also have a few berries.

I bet if you could find some strategies to eat more frequently, your cravings would get under control.

Tuna is handy. A tupperware with tuna salad is great. You can put it on salads or stuffed into celery. You can cook bacon in the oven and keep it in the fridge.

Nuts are good too, if you're able to control your intake. They're addictive! Sunflower seeds are a good nutritious snack. Cheese is good, again in limited quantities.

I also make a lot of one dish meals that might work for you and limit your need to stand. Roast some chicken pieces, pork or lamb with a bit of broth. Do it on low (350) for about an hour/hour and a half with limited tending. Then remove it - place under foil -- add about 1/4 c heavy cream to the pan juices and pop it back in the oven on high to reduce to a nice rich sauce. You can also roast cauliflower and broccoli along with it. Again - limited tending. Or serve with raw veggies or a salad.

Whenever you cook, or someone cooks for you, make double the amount so you can have leftovers the next day. Just warm them up in the microwave or in the oven.

Best of luck to you!

K.