#12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-23, 20:50

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I use Naked Whey, which is the only real kind I can find. I was getting sick from all the additives in the mixes. Which clogged the pipe in my sink!

I’ve been using Raw Grass Fed Whey Concentrate and find it excellent:
https://www.raworganicwhey.com/coll...otein-5-lb-bulk

This is high-quality whey with no additives or sweeteners. It’s cold processed without using solvents, so it truly is raw. While I still favor protein in my meals in the form of meats and fish, whey is a great addition to get my protein consumption to the required levels I need to prevent sarcopenia and to supplement my resistance training to build muscle.

The optimising nutrition review of protein powders in Janet’s post provides good guidance. I use the powder to get me to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass body weight per day. It would be difficult to do that solely with the meat or fish I’m eating in my meals. I’m adding it to yogurt, making a drink with pure cacao and water, and adding it to cottage cheese. I also drink at least 8 ounces per day of homemade milk kefir which contributes more protein, many probiotic CFUs, and is easy to make and delicious. Fermented dairy has almost zero lactose and tastes great. Haven’t tried adding whey powder to it yet . . .