View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-14-23, 09:30

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm not so sure that Wegovy friend considers it to be easy with the constant stomach upset going on right now. I keep hoping that there will be a decision to discontinue the Wegovy, as I don't see how it's possible to consume enough protein or essential fatty acids on it, and carbs are the biggest part of the diet.

I think it messes with the ability to think of how it's affecting them, because the day of the shot there may be nausea, maybe the next day too. Another day or two of it, and they'll blame feeling sick on waiting too long to eat because they weren't hungry (so ate more than they should have when they did finally get hungry), or eating something they shouldn't have eaten (hard to digest meat), or on another medication (such as a strong antibiotic for a stubborn bacterial infection). After a few days, the digestive issues have cleared up, and by the 7th day they're actually HUNGRY all day long, so their eating is suddenly out of control again. But the scale shows they've lost a little more weight, so those miserable few days are mostly forgotten, and they inject again the next day, which results in feeling bad for a few days, but the appetite control is back.

Reminds me of how they say women forget the pain of childbirth as soon as the baby is born... until they're in labor with the next baby, but as soon as that baby is born, they forget about the pain of childbirth again.

So I definitely understand the relief Wegovy uses must feel when their every thought is not being ruled by that desperate hunger. Carbs did such a number on me that I'd be hungry within an hour after stuffing myself. I was terrible on car trips - brought snacks with me to eat on the road, but still wanted a full meal after only a couple of hours on the road because the snacks just weren't doing the trick.

I feel so much freedom from hunger on LC - I'm rarely hungry until at least 6 hours after I eat. After breakfast, I often don't even realize just how much time has passed until I start to feel just a little bit hungry around 3 or 4 pm. At that point, I often just wait until dinner time to eat, because it's just a couple more hours.