View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 10:43

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%
Thumbs up I agree orzabelle

I will certainly admit that part of my my success has been due to restricting calories. I feebly tried the Zone but could not design a new menu to always eat a certain ratio of carb to protein. I knew carbs were part of the problem but how much? What Atkins did was take a sledgehammer to my head and bash in 20g carb a day. It was not until I tried to do 20g a day that I woke up and realized what a correct (balanced) carb portion was. I was poisoning myself with sugar. So this behaviour modification worked. Plus with Atkins for a non-cooking guy like me it was easy to throw out the rolls, bread, fries, rice, potatoes, pasta -no tedious meal planning.

My first statement - restricting calories is based on dropping about 180 gm carb out of my diet a day. I did not replace those carbs with more meat. I eat the same portion size as before. Sometime I will list a journal of my meals and some of you will think I am starving myself. But I am very stable on my target - a few lbs light right now over 8.5 months maintenance. The control I have over my weight is unbelievable. I have a business associate who said the same thing after I influenced him to do LC. He said he now can control his eating where as before he was always hungry.

The other thing they never consider is the wonderful value of eating a low glycemic diet. I hardly get drowsy now for company meetings after lunch. We went on a long drive and I was the only one who did not have to sleep after lunch so guess who drove through all the torrential downpours? My head is so clear now. How many of us will be spared from Type II Diabetes? I have a friend who is diabetic and has converted to LC and I am so relieved!