View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 10:10

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

I saw this on the news, and have been looking for the article. I do think it's low-cal - I doubt I've gone over 1700 cals a day (and sometimes am probably around 1300), but the difference is that I can eat that many calories and not spend the time I'm not eating - thinking about eating. Freedom!

I did the Zone eight years ago, and took off 35 pounds that I've kept off. While I was religious about it, it did occur to me that I'd never eaten so methodically, carefully, and probably had never taken in so few calories. I was also never hungry. The whys and wherefores don't matter so much, so long as it is sustainable. I did it for six months, and was able to readjust the way that I ate.

The behavior modification worked! I'm doing Atkins now so that I can pay that close attention again & knock off those last stubborn ones. I just came off of 9 weeks on ediets, over which I lost 1 lb. Was always hungry.

Everyone's needs and predictors of success are different, but for me, the proof is in the lack of pudding!