View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 09:49
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I only watch carbs -- I never count calories, percentage fat, or anything else other than carbs. I have never used Fitday. I have lost over 75 pounds in nine months. However, I had a lot to lose and therefore things may be easier for me than for people with less to lose.

I am on ongoing weight loss and I basically follow Atkin's advice. I eat lots of vegetables (both salads and cooked vegetables), a little lowcarb fruit (berries or melon), lots of protein foods (meat, chicken, fish, eggs), limited quantities of nuts, and limited quantities of cheese. I use lots of olive oil in my cooking and on my salads. The one area in which my diet differs from the book is that I stay completely away from fake foods (bars, shakes, etc.) and mostly away from artificial sugars (except for an occasional diet Coke -- an addiction I am trying to overcome). I exercise five days a week and I make sure I eat at least every six hours when I am awake. I eat when I am hungry and stop eating when I am full.

I have lost weight slowly but steadily. For the past couple of months, my average loss has been about 7 pounds a month. In terms of percentage of body weight lost, that is the equivalent of a person who weighs 150 losing about 3.5 pounds a month. There are certainly people losing faster than I am, but most of them are younger than I am or are male. I am generally happy with my progress.