View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-23, 06:01

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

There has been a burst of new research from long COVID, which is actually Long Viral Syndrome, baffling doctors since at least the 1950s. Then again, it used to be referred to as his "health broke" and there was plenty in the industrial past that would sneak up and get one that way, I'm sure.

I'm on benfotiamine as a result of the mitochondrial research, and I'm glad to see Dr. Wahls still involved with the latest. Still, to be honest, I don't like hearing about amazing new supplements when benfotiamine has been around since the early 2000's and was promising for diabetes research. I wonder why it was ever dropped, she said darkly.

But now I am hearing about it which is why I wonder about the Wahls connection with such. Apparently:

Quote:
Urolithin A (UA) is a natural compound produced by gut bacteria from ingested ellagitannins (ETs) and ellagic acid (EA), complex polyphenols abundant in foods such as pomegranate, berries, and nuts. Feb 2, 2021 Science Direct

Which shows she is still very plant heavy in her approach, though at least it sounds she has moved to keto, I know she has done personally. I'm sure the research supports this, but keto also has its pitfalls.

The polyphenols get talked up a lot as an antioxidant, but it's theoretical. And contradicts my own experience! So I'm torn.

I was turned off the Wahls protocol diet, but everything else in her book was sound and gave me a lot of insight.