#49   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-23, 08:07

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
But I have also found non-fat dairy blended with frozen berries and protein powder does not trigger.

Likewise! I combine Greek yogurt with my Naked Whey protein powder. The combo seems more satiating than either by themselves.That creates a real thickness and mouthfeel. I add some dehydrated fruit for fiber, and a thicker shake. Craving is happy

I think our stories indicate we are actually responding "properly" to sugar cravings. Sally K. Norton says healing takes more energy: and some extra carbs can help the liver cope with the detoxing healing generates. And I do feel better when I have more towards the 50 end than the zero.

Our "smoothie response," with not-much carbs in a matrix of real food, is the right response. And we know it because it satisfies

But we really need to invest in the effort, and know what a great reward we can reap. Because it is a giant reorganization of both home and social life.

Last night, for the first time in ages, we went to a casual dinner party, and had a good time, and I ate two chicken breasts on a bed of curly lettuce with an organic dressing. AND some homemade horseradish dressing on 3 small potato chips, a quarter apple. Then a small portion of the gf cheesecake I had brought, along with a big regular one for the table. No beer.

I found it a sumptous feast, because to me it was. But I'm sure our friends weren't as sure Sometimes people don't understand the long view the way those of us who "eat for health" do. Because this way is also delicious!

Just, not so convenient.