View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 05:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Oh believe me for the last 18 or so months I've taken nothing at all. But I've also not seen the great weight loss I was hoping for in this time period. I am keeping a journal and a gym log. I exercise 7 days a week and am following this diet to the letter (even drinking the water Alina insisted I drink, I may have a fit but I do listen) and what do I have to show for it...I'm up three labs. My mini goal is to have 13 lbs off my body by the end of the month...this is not impossible on other diets. I am chosing to say with Atkins because of the health benefits and I guess because after doing it for so long I'm just brainwashed (lol). But I honestly have to see the tape measure and scale showing me that I am losing weight not just getting healthy. I am going to add Xenadrine EFX (no effedra) - fat burner / metabolism boost today for the rest of the month to see if that helps me lose again. I will not go into another summer with all this weight on my body. Granted I probably would not be as healthy as I am now if I had gone to a low cal/low fat type of diet (though I know some pretty healthy people on that type of diet and the arguement can be made and has been made on the low cal/low fat side that taking the weight off is the healthiest thing one can do) but I do know that this weight would have been off of me long ago.

I am giving this an opportunity because I want to stay with Atkins and will do anything at this point to make the diet actually start working for me. If a diet pill makes the lbs start to come off while I continue this woe, what is the harm?

Gail