#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 18:59

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 225/181/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default Grilling veggies

Hi guys,

I'm still a little new to this WOE, and though I've gotten better, I'm still facing the same problem that's plagued me from childhood: finding ways to enjoy vegetables. I can eat more now than I used to be able to (at one point, anything green tasted horrible to me; my taste buds have really matured), but I'm still not really ENJOYING them enough to get them into my diet as much as I should.

So I was thinking today how great grilled veggies with melted mozzarella cheese would be - you know how things just pop into your head? I was watching one of my coworkers eat something unidentifiable and Dominican, but it had melted mozzarella on top, and one thought led to another... Anyway, as a twenty-something with limited cooking experience (and much of that experience was with baked goods that are no longer valid!), I'm trying to figure out how I could do something like that in a New York apartment.

First of all, how would one go about easily preparing grilled vegetables? Would a George Foreman grill do the trick? Is there a better way to do it indoors? (Needless to say, an outdoor grill is out of the question).

Secondly, what kinds of vegetables would be good for something like this? I know my mom used to grill peppers, but I'm not a pepper fan, I tend to prefer my veggies a little softer and not quite so hot. I was thinking squash and zucchini... what else might work?

So far I've done dinners consisting of salad with raspberry vinagrette and goat cheese and walnuts (yum!!!), baked chicken, scrambled eggs, and steak. So I do have basic cooking skills and have not yet had any kind of great disaster but I do need to bone up my low-carb 'quickie meals' for those nights when I just need something quick, hot, yummy and low-carb!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Sponsored Links