View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-27-22, 09:40

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

I'm thinking this may have something to do with "dawn phenomenon" - just a guess - when I was eating really low carbs (~20g) and lots of fat I still had "high" blood glucose in the morning when I was measuring it.

Now I have gained some fat back since I was at a low weight in 2017 and my waking BG is still kind of high (high 90's)

I'm really going to take the long road and work on prioritizing protien and cutting back on the amount of fat I consume (butter, fatty meat cuts, cheese, etc) and see what happens in a year or more as I work my way down to a BMI "normal" target for my sex and height - If BMI doesn't cooperate, i'll then test with DEXA to shoot for ~15% body fat and see where my blood glucose readings in the morning are at.

I think I have a pretty HIGH personal fat threshold as when I was at my heaviest my BG was not into the diabetic range... yet. That was over 100lbs of body weight ago.

My target (82Kg) will put my at about 1/2 the body weight of my highest weight recorded.

I don't dismiss the Carb/Insulin hypnosis entirely but I know from experience that I can maintain and gain weight and probably not eat nutritionally optimized by focusing on fat and avoiding all carbs.

Anyway - it's a pleasure to be alive today and not dead from being fat and sick - no matter how I got here. I appreciate you guys traveling along, exploring all of these promising paths to health.