#8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-21, 12:05

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
...I do think probably the main thing I took away from DDF is that I have to lower fat and carbs, not just carbs. That and hunger training. I have dieted so harshly in my past that I get triggered by hunger very easily. However, here's the thing, the hunger beast is much more gentle when my blood sugar isn't pushing me around. My cravings are way, way less when the blood sugar isn't pushing me around. I can even control my portions and not go back for seconds when my blood sugar is under control. It really is pretty amazing.

Relating BG readings to how hungry I feel as been enlightening for me as well. I'm learning that it's ok to feel a little hungry but too many times i'll ignore that and get VERY hungry and over eat - and even perhaps the wrong things that I bought while in that state.

Prioritizing protein as well has a hidden benefit for me and that is, if I want to keep my general caloric intake at a reasonable level, I need to ditch some of the added fats in favor of protein - my carbs are usually not an issue especially as far as the percent of engergy I get from them compared to fat.

I'm trying to find a place where I can develop a pattern and eat two reasonable meals a day - Like you Nancy, I'm able to stop mid meal sometimes and say, "that's enough" and stop eating and put away a left over to two (at least I think you mentioned something like that in your OP but I'm too lazy to go check - some things die hard, my laziness ha! )

Greetings to you other DDF'res and NO'ers - Looking forward to bringing this practice into the holiday season.