View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-21, 08:30

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Hi HoneyPie,

Yes, the DDF program is based on your Blood Glucose readings before you eat a meal. Most people are use to testing afterward, and that is involved if you haven't already found the foods that do not raise your BG more than 30 mg. But many members are already low carbers and have post-meal under control.

DDF is using your pre-meal readings as a "fuel-gauge"...is it time to eat or do I still have energy in my blood that could be used? Here is a Quick Start guide from the website. https://optimisingnutrition.com/ddf...ide/#more-23032
This will lead you to find optimal eating times based on your own valid hunger, not just following the times that worked for some fasting guru. I did this myself in the past..Dr. Fung's group suggested a 36-42 hour fast for older women. I hated going to sleep hungry and then overate when the fast was over. Most people on DDF end up with 2 or 3 meals a day in order to be able to eat enough satiating protein and nutrients.

Marty offers tons of free information you can read before committing, including information about optimizing your nutrition. Look on the home page for that and under the Free Tools tab. What I linked at the end of my success story here are good places to start too.