#20   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-21, 06:16

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Eating dairy may protect aging bones

https://www.dietdoctor.com/eating-d...ect-aging-bones

Since August 5, 2020 I let go of the limits on dairy with a Keto plan and now feel so much better! Minor symptoms like thin hair, brittle nails, are maybe due to better thyroid function, but more calcium may have also played a role. I now eat more green vegetables, yogurt, fermented cottage cheese, and realized how much I missed them. Ted Naiman has said in interviews that women often have a hard time getting enough protein with meats and fish, but low fat dairy and whey protein powder is more digestible. I was raised on a small dairy farm, so obviously I have the genetic background to do well with it. Before you limit dairy to break a "stall", be sure it is not the fat that should be limited. According to Marty Kendall's research, "People following a low carb diet typically get less vitamin K1, folate, calcium, Vitamin A, vitamin C and magnesium while they will be getting plenty of vitamin B12 and amino acids " I didn’t start off monitoring all the micronutrients, but the foods I ate likely fixed these slight imbalances, definitely calcium.