#32   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 13:07

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
Is anyone combining IF with High(er) Protein?

Hi Demi, just want to make sure I interpret your question correctly. I eat two meals a day with an 18-hour window between my last meal of the first day and my first meal of the next day, say last meal is 6pm and next meal is next day at 12pm. So, my two meals are at 12pm and 6pm every day. If you consider that IF, which some do, then I've been doing this with higher protein for the past 2 years with good results. I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm pursuing good health with stable weight and well-controlled blood sugar. During this time, I've also cut back on fat, not radically, but it's lower than before, also with good results. I increased my protein after reading and watching some Bikman and Naiman presentations and reading Naiman's book, The PE Diet: Leverage Your Biology to Achieve Optimal Health. One recommendation to increase protein as one ages got my attention, as I'm in year 70 and want to maintain muscle mass along with a healthy weight.

I feel great with more protein, a bit less fat, and my hunger is controlled very well. I don't limit what I eat, but I don't care to overeat with the exception of certain trigger foods. You could say my increase in protein and a few more healthy carbs supplanted my previous amount of fat. While I used to do longer IF periods, I no longer feel the need to do so. Hope this helps.