View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-21, 08:00
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Another tidbit that I'll throw in is that the addictive brain is seeking pleasure, comfort or relief from the daily food rotation. When you stop feeding it sugar loaded, processed junk the cravings for these fake foods will fade away to nothing over time. But what I've found since "maintenance" is that my addictive brain is always looking for a substitute.

I get enough pleasure from LC sweetened treats for them to become a problem. I can handle having them every once in a while (an LC cheesecake over the holidays or Quest bars on a hike), but when such things enter my everyday food rotation I will tend to overeat. I can be on point with carbs, eating healthy food, be metabolically healthy, yet still have the scale creeping up in weight over the long haul. The habit of a daily treat or two easily becomes a compulsion. Eating for pleasure overrides any sensation of satiety that I may be experiencing. I agree with the "Brutally honest with yourself" comment by Kristine. We know when some OP thing is becoming a problem. The hard part is accepting that the item that you like too much is a problem and needs to be cut from the daily diet.