View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-21, 06:29

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Good comments. Following a low carb approach for many years, I've adopted and adapted IF by discovering what works for me and making adjustments as I learn. For example, I initially embraced the concept of a ketogenic WOE, which as mentioned, was simply staying in Atkins induction rather than adding more carbs. As I learned how my metabolism responded, I tried different IF methods to move toward optimization. I also discovered that I responded most positively to increasing protein and decreasing (not eliminating) fat. That worked well. I remained in fat-burning mode while adjusting my meals to two per day within a 6-hour window. The 18 hours per day of not eating was something I eventually adapted to without hunger or cravings. Today, I rarely schedule IF outside of my daily routine, and it's worked well for me. I prefer the term "time-restricted eating" rather than IF. It enables me to eat healthy with an emphasis on protein and I'm able to easily cycle between fat- and glucose-burning modes on a daily basis. I no longer chase ketones and strongly feel that tracking BG using a combined DDF and P:E approach works best. DDF enables one to train the system to recognize when it's the right time to eat. After a while, you no longer need the BG meter.