View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 19:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Well I thought I had blown off the gym today because I did not get up at 5 am and drag my butt over there. Our gym is only open for a hour on tues/thurs mornings and I knew I would not be able to get in a good workout so I decided not to go. But vowed that I would go this evening. Well I went and had a great time. Got to my Jazzercise class 10 minutes late...why? Because I was on this computer and the time got away from me! But I went (this is my second time there) and I guess I did ok. I did not break a sweat though, I can feel it in my muscles but I'm not really sweating in that class...maybe it will get better when I actually learn the steps.

Jazzercise was 1 hour, consisted of cardio and weights. Then I went on to do one two miles and a total lower body workout with the machines.

1st mile 10.52 minutes speed 6.4/3.7 152 calories burned
stairmaster 46 floors, 161 calories, distance was 464
2nd mile 15.06 minutes speed 3.5/4.0 115 calories burned
Full Lower Body Workout
Back Extension 100/30 x 2
Leg Press (Sitting) 7/20 x 1 7/25 x 1
Outer thigh 7/20 x 1 7/30 x 1
Inner Thigh 7/20 x 1 7/30 x 1
Leg Curl 30/15 x 2

I lowered my time on the first and second mile. Will try to add a third mile or the cross trainer by the end of the week. The stairmaster was difficult tonight, I guess that is because of the lower body workout...but I managed to stay the course and did at least what I did last night. I will continue to try to up that number to 50 floors in 15 minutes.

I did not do very well in the food department today. Was just too busy and not hungry at all. I had 1 oz of almonds a small slice of a carbless (3gr per slice) meatloaf and a spinach/egg dish (I cooked it too long) If I were to give myself points for the day I'd have to say that I would give myself a 10 for the exercise and a -15 for the food. I am usually much better than this, life just seems to get in the way sometimes.

Spent 2 hrs. 20 minutes at the gym...
will do my torso track tonight (did 30 last night with one band off then my elbows started to hurt so I stopped, I can feel it in my upper abdomen, love that feeling)