View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 18:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins start over 7/23/2003
Stats: 174/166/140 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hey if you look at the forum contents theres a whole section on LCing as a college student/teen. I'm actually just starting right now too. I tried to start once before but that was before I read the book/did research, so this time its for real. Bathing suit season is coming up!!

Anyway to give you some ideas...for breakfast I get an omlet with any of the following: spinach, mushrooms, green peppers, ham and cheese. You can also have bacon and sausage and i hear the atkins syrup is not bad.

For lunch i just head for the salad bar - veggies with grilled chicken or salmon and sprinkle some cheese. There are lots of yummy dressings that are LC, or olive oil is good too.

Dinner can be a bit tricky, but i can get a cheeseburger w/no bun or grilled chicken and cooked veggies....i havent really figured out how to get some variety into dinner since i cant use all the great recipe ideas since i cant cook.

If i want a snack in my dorm room i have a can of tuna and mayo or make my own chicken salad, i have sugar free jello but i hear it can cause stalls so i'm cutting back.

The first time around i made some huge mistakes that you should avoid:
-eating late at night before bed
-eating too many nuts and too much cheese (if you tend to overeat, dont keep large packages of this stuff in your room)
-not planning meals and instead grabbing an LC bar (hidden carbs!)
-not drinking enough water
-eating untill i was full (instead of satisfied) and overeating "legal" foods

This time around I plan to really stick to induction for the two weeks that is recommended, instead of trying to get around it.

Anyway, i hope this is helpful. I see you dont have too much to lose, so I think if you stick to it you can reach your goal!!

Ok, back to my paper
I'm such a procrastinator...at least not using food any more