View Single Post
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-21, 07:08

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Aww, thanks. My OCD when it comes to research.

The trigger is based on the pre-meals "While it’s not that hard to be ‘good’ for a couple of days, you need to see how you go across the whole week. Your new trigger won’t be updated until you have consistently logged an average pre-meal blood sugar below your initial trigger (established in Phase 1 - Baselining) for four days. You won’t see an updated trigger value until Day 4 of Phase 2 - Hunger Training."

Don’t worry that it is "too high" you can log pre-meals well below and then it will start dropping...maybe daily..but last Challenge there were more concerns about big drops too quickly in the app, and the formula was "slowed down" a bit.

I had a waking fasted BG over 100 two years into eating LC, so this is a topic I learned about from Dr Westman and Phinney (emailed in to calm me down.).

Not to worry!...likely what is now called "Adaptive Glucose Sparing" It use to be called Physiological Insulin Resistance, that is what Dr Westman and Phinney called it when I had a BG number just inside the pre-diabetes range after 2 years LC. The newer name is more accurate. You can read about it here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb...-glucose-higher
It would have be helpful if your doctor also ran a fasting Insulin number, but so few do! How to use that also explained in above article.
Ps, article author, Anne Mullens was in an earlier DDF challenge.

Although I understand why I get these pre-diabetic numbers once in a while, it was one of the reasons I wanted to use DDF to get my waking numbers down...it has worked. Now most are in the 90s, some 80s, but it has taken months, partially due to now having lower body fat. BMI at 24.3. On that Ted Naiman graphic of how insulin works...my dam wall is getting lower

Short answer....Unlikely it was the meal you had the night before. It might if it had been a blow out carb fest, but with what you ate, your body just provided some glucose you needed to get out of bed and get moving.