Old Sat, Feb-06-21, 15:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones
I asked to have Dr. Naiman discuss women and protein on Marty Kendall’s live Q&A, but he didn’t do it. His recommendations for women on protein aren’t different, but I have heard so many times that people think his plan is for male bodybuilders that I think he should talk about this more.
I'd like to hear more on that, too - not just because women have a harder time losing weight, but we infamously lean toward lower-protein dieting tactics... almost as if it's more "feminine" to go veg/n and/or subside on salad and rice cakes. Plus - and I could be wrong - but I think that as we age, more women have osteoporosis and muscle wasting than men. I see this as a lack of protein and basic strength training problem, and since he's an advocate of micro-workouts, his ideas are a perfect fit for people like me who are basically the exact opposite of gym bros.

I asked him (or anyone) on twitter about his thoughts on his plan and thyroid function, more specifically body temperature. I didn't get any replies, but maybe it's just unknown. One of the cool side effects of bumping my protein way up is that I'm not freezing cold all the time anymore. This is major! It's something that's annoyed me for years. I've always suspected a thyroid problem despite having a normal TSH, but I didn't have the guts to argue with my doctor and ask her to do a full thyroid panel.

Congrats on your glowing lab numbers.