#4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 12:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290.5/225/170
BF:
Progress: 54%

What's up littlemel?

I am on Atkins also and started working out about 6 weeks ago. Using an old NordicFlex for strength training and a CardioMax stationary bike for cardio, go figure. I am preparing to start the BFL challenge the first of next month. I have a heart condition so I started very slow and am now working my way up. Really getting there too.

Anyway, I have continued to drop pounds but at a slower rate. I'll tell ya though, I'm with RodeRash on this one. Don't let the scale be you're nemesis man. You've done well with your program and adding exercise can only do you good. Converts fat to muscle and turns up your metabolism making it harder to gain fat weight. As long as you stay faithful to the nutrition and exercise programs the results will come.

Remember also, how much muscle weight you gain depends on the type of exercise you do. Work out with less weight and more reps and you'll only burn fat and maintain and tone the muscle you have now. Then if you want to bulk up go heavy when you reach your goal weight.

Check out my journal and you can see where I started this journey. This stuff really works and I'm, luckily, living proof.

Rick